Who will grow in this “new market”? The dealer regardless of the brand who has a couple of things already in check will be able to prosper in a time of trouble. If you are a dealer who honestly believes you are good at the following:
- Has a Solid System for stocking and selling Used Cars
- Has taken amazing care of customers and earn a lot of repeat business
- Has high sales penetration among your own brand in his backyard
- Has very loyal and dependable people
- Has used the past months to groom “well trained” managers and salespeople
- Has tackled the processes and systems to build a solid internet department
- Has a strong belief you have to advertise to create traffic
- Has a positive attitude that they can make it through this market
So, what’s the catch?
The catch is: You cannot advertise less than your competition and you cannot retreat during this time to make your financial statement look better than all your 20 group members. Now is a time that you can grow your market and customer body exponentially than you can in a good market.