Toyota Dealer Advertising
Top Picks must meet criteria in three areas:
- Road tests- Vehicles must rank at or near the top of their categories in overall road-test score, which includes more than 50 individual tests and evaluations.
- Reliability- Each must have an average or better predicted-reliability rating, which is based on the problems Consumer Reports subscribers reported for more than 1.4 million vehicles in the latest Annual Auto Survey.
- Safety- Top Picks must perform adequately in overall safety if tested by the government or the insurance industry. In addition, each must offer vehicle stability control (VSC), a proven lifesaving safety feature, as standard equipment or as a readily available option.
The best all-around Toyotas, in their category, chosen as “Top Picks” for 2009 include:
- BEST GREEN CAR- TOYOTA PRIUS (6th year in a row!)
- BEST SMALL SUV- TOYOTA RAV4 (3rd year in a row!)
- BEST MIDSIZE SUV- TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
- BEST MINIVAN- TOYOTA SIENNA
As we have come to expect, Toyota models placed extremely high in the Consumer Reports testing. Their latest results yielded data from over 1.4 million responders.