March is one of those months that we live for in the automotive business.
- There are five Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays!
- Daylight savings time is the second weekend, making days longer and nights shorter.
- St. Patrick’s Day is on a Sunday night – so it will not affect a weekday or weekend.
- Good Friday is the last Friday of the month which means more people are off work and out of school.
- Easter is the last day of the month which means your month’s business should be completed and in the books. So Easter does not impact your weekend.
Yep – this is a marketer’s dream month, and time to propel the year to new heights.
Here is one cautionary point that every dealer needs to know: Be sure to cut out any wasteful spending from your budget by the time March 1 is here. This will allow you to maximize the elements that are generating the most traffic for your store.
I see many stores with different executions that bring them the desired amount of traffic. Some stores do better with increased digital budgets, some better with higher amounts of TV and radio; some do better with heavier direct mail, while others require a very diverse mix of media.
Regardless of what’s in your ideal toolbox, make sure you are piling on all the weight needed to have a big-time month in March.